IMPORTANT: Our download partner FossHub was compromised for a few hours on 2nd August. This is now resolved. Among other action taken, downloads now use the more secure https protocol.
If you downloaded Audacity’s Windows installer on that date and it is only 355 kB, delete the file and don’t reboot. More help here.
- For users of Windows 98 and ME, a legacy 2.0.0 version of Audacity is available on the Legacy Windows downloads page.
- For users of Mac OS 9 and Mac OS 10.0 through 10.5, legacy versions of Audacity are available on the Legacy Mac downloads page.
- You can also obtain Audacity as a CD image file or purchasable CD. Note that these are often not the latest version of Audacity.
- To build Audacity yourself, download the source code.
- You may copy, distribute, modify and/or resell Audacity, under the terms of the GNU GPL.