March 17th, 2017: Audacity 2.1.3 Released
Audacity 2.1.3 replaces all previous versions.
Audacity 2.1.3 now properly supports Windows 10 (thanks to an upgrade of the PortAudio library) and on macOS has some previously missing support for Magic Mouse/Trackpad (thanks to Paul Licameli).
However, the goalposts we’re aiming for keep moving, and we only have partial support for Macs updated to Sierra. We found on some Mac Sierra machines that important extensions to the core of Audacity can become unavailable. Full details of Mac Sierra support here: http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Partial_Support_for_Mac_Sierra_in_2.1.3.
Audacity 2.1.3 is the last version of Audacity that will officially support Windows XP.
New in Audacity 2.1.3:
- New Distortion effect, Rhythm Track (was called Click Track) and Sample Data Import (thanks to Steve Daulton). Also effects are no longer grayed-out when in pause.
- New scrub ruler (Paul)
- New ‘pinned’ option so the waveform moves and the recording/playing head stays still. (Paul)
- New features in Timer Record (Mark Young & Steve)
Changed in Audacity 2.1.3:
- On Mac, audacity.app is now added to /Applications/ directly rather than adding a folder there.
- 64 bugs/annoyances in 2.1.2 fixed of which 15 were long standing issues. (Entire team involved; Tracking and testing by Gale)
- Lots done (by Paul) to systematically deal with memory leaks.
- Fuller details on the changes since 2.1.2 can be found in the 2.1.3 Release Notes.
Thanks to all involved in making this release, especially translators who don’t normally get enough thanks for the work they do.