Audacity 2.3.2 replaces all previous versions for Windows, macOS and Linux.
- Audacity now includes the LAME mp3 encoder. Previously, due to now expired patents, you had to download it separately.
- There is a new ‘Select’ button in the track panel to select the whole track.
- Audacity mod-script-pipe for driving Audacity from Python now comes with Audacity and can be enabled via preferences.
- Options and preferences:
- Type to Create a Label is now off by default.
- A plug-in installer for Nyquist now provides a file browser for
selecting ‘.NY’ files to install.
Over 20 bugs in 2.3.1 fixed, including:
- Audacity 2.3.1 would crash if append-recording to a collapsed track.
- Many accessibility bugs on macOS fixed.