Audacity Forum for Questions or Problems
To post a question on the Forum, please register, confirm your registration then log in. Choose the correct subforum (for example, “Windows” in the Audacity 2.x Help Forum), click “New Topic” top left, then submit your message. Help in a few other languages can be obtained from the Audacity International Forums or viewing the documentation via machine translation.
Always give plenty of information, notably your full (three-section) Audacity version number, when asking questions on Audacity Forum. You can find more help with joining and using Audacity Forum here.
Suggestions, Bug Reports, Feature Requests and Pull Requests/Patches
Bug reports and technical queries are supported on the Audacity Forum. At time of writing, our support team are native English speaking only. Please tell us your experiences of the Audacity software, documentation or website. We particularly welcome the following:
- Reports of possible Audacity bugs
- Requests for new or enhanced features
- Offers to contribute to the Audacity project.
We are not interested in offers of new advertising or monetization schemes. In particular, we do not and will not bundle other software with the Audacity installer.
Bug reports: Please check both the Release Notes for your specific version of Audacity 2.x and Reporting Bugs before making a report. We are not fixing bugs in the legacy 1.2 or 1.3 series – please upgrade to the latest version of Audacity instead.
Please include the following information. This is important.
- The exact three-section version number of Audacity (for example, 2.4.2) – you can check this at “Help > About Audacity” (or on macOS “Audacity > About Audacity”)
- Your operating system (for example, Windows 10 version 1803, or macOS 10.15.6)
- Details of what you were trying to do, including what steps led to the problem occurring, and the text of any error messages.
- If possible, please include the “Audacity.zip” file which you can generate for us at Help > Generate Support Data…. If there is a crash, Audacity will normally offer to generate this zip file before exiting.
Git Pull Requests and Patches: We welcome Git pull requests if you can offer us a fix for a known bug or a new or enhanced feature. Also see Submitting Patches on Audacity Wiki for an alternative way of offering code improvements.