Audacity was written by volunteers in their spare time. If you appreciate Audacity and would like to help out, here are some ideas:
If you enjoy Audacity, write to us and let us know that you like it. It makes us happy to know that people enjoy it. Also feel free to send comments and suggestions. We’re always improving Audacity, and we value your input.
Join the User Community
- Join our Audacity Forum, where you can ask and answer questions about Audacity.
- Visit the Audacity Wiki, a community-built resource containing important links to our Manual. New Wiki contributors are welcome. If you would like an editing account on either the Wiki or Manual please write to our feedback address to discuss your ideas.
- Subscribe to the audacity-users mailing list to share tips, questions and feedback with other Audacity users and developers.
If you find a bug in Audacity, please let us know.
Help us test our latest versions
Subscribe to our announcements list for the latest news, and download our latest release or Nightly Build. Nightly Builds are alpha pre-releases that may contain new features or bug fixes that haven’t been fully tested yet.
After testing, please let us know:
- Details of any problems you encountered
- Any regressions – things that used to work but now don’t
- What you liked
- What could be improved.