Download the free Audacity audio editor for your operating system:
- Download for Windows (32 and 64 bit)
- Download for Mac (64 bit Intel)
- Download for Linux (64 bit AppImage)
Audacity is free of charge. No registration or hardware purchase required.
Legacy versions of Audacity are available on FossHub.
- For Windows 7 and earlier, legacy versions of Audacity are available on the Legacy Windows downloads page.
- For macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and earlier, legacy versions of Audacity are available on the Legacy Mac downloads page.
- For Linux, the appropriate version of Audacity for your operating system is usually included in your distribution’s repository. Source code and user manuals for some old versions are available on FossHub, as well as AppImages since version 3.0.3.
- Although there are a number of sellers of Audacity software on ebay, Amazon, Microsoft Store and Apple Store, none of these sellers are affiliated to Audacity, and none have contributed in any way to the Audacity project. Audacity is free software.
- To build Audacity yourself, download the source code.
- You may copy, distribute, modify and/or resell Audacity, under the terms of the GNU GPL.
Other Open Source Audio and Audio-Visual Applications
- You can find links to other useful Open Source audio and audio-visual applications, that you can download and use, in the Audacity Wiki.